Amy Winehouse’s death cause was alcohol poisoning.
The cause of the singer’s sad passing has finally been revealed. The 27-year-old soul diva died with empty vodka bottles in her room and lethal amounts of alcohol in her blood, more than five times the British drunk driving limit. Amy, who had Grammy-winning songs and fans around the world, was found dead in bed July 23 at her London home. Dr. Christina Romete, a physician who treated the singer, said that Winehouse gave up illicit drugs in 2008, but had swerved between heavy alcohol use and abstinence for a long time. The singer’s death prompted the Public Health minister Anne Milton to argue that the UK still don’t take the risks of drinking seriously.
Watch video below: